These blueberry muffins are moist, soft, and not overly sweet. The recipe is pretty easy and I have to say that these things are fun to make! Bring it to your next potluck gathering. I’m sure people will love them!
I normally dislike muffins and cupcakes. Somehow, I’m always disappointed when I try them cause they just don’t taste good. But not these! I tried these at a church gathering and I think I ate several (sorry, all of you who didn’t get one cause I ate too many😅). My friend made these and I got the recipe from her. Seriously, these things are good! Give ’em a try!
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
To start off, preheat oven to 390°F.
Wash your blueberries and let the excess water run-off by placing them in a sieve. Or place on a towel and let them dry. Set aside. [Do this step first so that the blueberries have time to dry off. You can also use frozen blueberries. In that case, skip this step].
Prepare your muffin pan for baking either by buttering/oiling all the indentations or placing cupcake liners in there. Set aside. I love the cupcake liners because it makes things easier for serving and clean up. [Check out all these awesome cupcake liners available on Amazon, if you need to order some].
Meanwhile, measure out your flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift all the ingredients through a sieve to make sure there are no clumps.
Add the brown sugar and the blueberries to the flour and mix gently with a spatula until well combined.
Crack two eggs into a medium sized bowl. Beat them with a fork for a minute. Add yogurt and water and oil.
Using a small grater, grate off the zest of one lemon and add it to the batter. Add vanilla and mix everything well.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients mixture and pour the batter into there. Mix the batter until just combined. Try to mix so that there is no more flour clumps left, but don’t over mix.
Using a spoon or measuring cup, evenly distribute the batter in the cups of the muffin pan. Try not to make a mess like I did 😄.
Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and until the muffins have risen and are golden brown. Take out and let stand for about 5 minutes before taking out of the pan. Take out and let cool on a wire rack or a serving dish.
Serve! These taste amazing when they are still warm. But are still very-very good when cooled off. Enjoy your blueberry muffins with a cup of milk 🥰.
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ¾ cups Flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- ⅔ cups Yogurt
- ½ cup Water
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Wash your blueberries and place in a sieve to let water run off. Or place on a towel to dry them off.
- Line a muffin/cupcake pan with cupcake liners or grease them using oil/butter. Set aside.
- Add the brown sugar and blueberries to the flour and mix well. Set aside.
- Crack two eggs in a bowl and beat them with a fork. Add the yogurt, water, and oil.
- Using a small grater, grate off the zest of one lemon and add it to the other wet ingredients. Add vanilla and mix the wet ingredients well.
- Make a well in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Pour the wet mixture into the well and mix until just combined. DON'T over mix.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the lined or oiled muffin pan.
- Bake blueberry muffins for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
Follow me on Instagram for fun, social stuff!