I discovered Arugula when I moved to Germany. Somehow this little salad green never made it to our table when I lived at home. Schade! as the Germans say (meaning “what a shame”). Arugula has a type of peppery or spicy taste which kind of reminds me of radishes . And lately, I have been making this arugula salad very often. It doesn’t require too many ingredients and it’s fast to prepare. The best part is when the family loves it too. The baby loves to pick out the avocados 😀.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust or would buy myself. Thank you for your support.
As I mentioned above, this salad doesn’t have too many ingredients. But the ones it has, are important. The cherry tomatoes add some sweetness, in contrast to the spiciness of the arugula. And the avocado and feta cheese make the whole combination creamy. Of course the white balsamic vinegar gives a bit of tartness to the whole combination.
Wash arugula and use a sieve to let excess liquid run off. Or use a salad spinner if you have one. Once done, add it to a large bowl (Makes it easier when mixing the salad as the leaves stick out in all directions and need room).
Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel, pit and slice/chop the avocado. Either cut the feta cheese into small squares (looks nice) or break apart into small pieces using your hands. Add everything to the arugula.
Mince the garlic and add it to a small jar.
Then add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano to the garlic in the jar (I love using the dried oregano from my garden). Close with a lid and shake well.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Serve this arugula salad with any meal. The flavors are sure to satisfy you.
Arugula Salad with Tomatoes, Avocado, and Feta
- 1.8oz (50g) Arugula leaves (About 2 cups)
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1.8 oz (50g) Feta cheese
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp White balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Wash arugula and let excess liquid run off using a sieve or use a salad spinner to dry faster. Once done, add to a large bowl.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the arugula.
- Pit, peel, and slice the avocado. Add to the salad bowl.
- Cut or break the feta cheese into small pieces and add to the salad.
- Mince garlic.
- In a small jar, combine olive oil, minced garlic, white balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Close and shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Check out my Simple Field Salad recipe if you’re looking for a related recipe.