These air fryer sweet potato cubes are easy to make and are full of flavor. The mayo ketchup sauce takes them to another level. These can be served as an appetizer or a snack, as well as a side dish.
My first experience with sweet potatoes wasn’t really positive. I didn’t like them. It was strange for me to eat potatoes that were sweet. I’m still kind of that way, but I found a way to make these savory and they are absolutely great!
These little potato bites are addicting. I caught myself thinking “this is my last one” and then reached for another one. And another one. Maybe it’s just the awesome (and super easy) mayo ketchup sauce that I served these with.
Whatever it is. These are great.
If you have an air fryer, I hope you give these a try!
Air Fried Sweet Potato Cubes Video
Here is a quick video of the recipe to show you how I made it. Or read on for detailed written instructions for preparing the recipe.
Spices and Seasonings – I used salt and ground black pepper and garlic powder, dry rosemary, and sweet paprika
How to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. You can either leave the skins on or you can also peel them. I peeled mine.
Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes, whatever size you want and place them into a big bowl. Note, the bigger the cubes, the longer they will need to fry. I like mine to be on the smaller side (about 1cm by 1cm).
Drizzle the sweet potato cubes with olive oil and toss them until well covered.
Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and sweet paprika on the top of the cubed potatoes. Toss until all the potatoes are evenly coated.
Transfer the potato cubes into the air fryer for frying. Double check your machine’s manufacturer’s instructions for detailed info on frying time as they usually have a booklet with frying times in there.
I have the T-Fal Actifry Electric Fryer and for this amount of potatoes (1.5kg) the frying time was 45 minutes.
Note: The air fryer I have, has a rotating bowl inside, so the potato cubes are constantly moving and get evenly fried. I don’t have experience with other air fryers, but you might need to flip the potato cubes for best results.
Once the potatoes are done, transfer them to a serving bowl and serve hot.
How to serve Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
We love to eat these air fryer sweet potato cubes by just dipping them into a simple mayo ketchup sauce (Recipe below) and also some bread and butter pickles on the side. You can also just serve the ketchup and mayo separately on the side.
One of the many cool things I learned from living here in Germany, is that the Germans love to eat french fries with just mayonnaise (instead of ketchup). After a decade of living here, I have to say I also prefer mayo on my fries. And plain mayo is also perfect on these sweet potato cubes!
Mayo Ketchup Sauce
For the simple Mayo Ketchup Sauce, mix 1/2 cup mayo with 1/4 cup ketchup. You can also add some garlic powder if you wish. Mix well, and the sauce is ready for serving. Add more ketchup for the sauce to be more tangy and less ketchup for it to be more neutral. The amounts can be varied for your preferences.
Here are a few dishes that pair well with sweet potato cubes!
How to Store Sweet Potato Cubes
These air fryer sweet potato cubes taste best fresh out of the fryer (like most food, right?). With that said, if you have any leftovers, store them covered in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You can re-heat them in the oven at 350° F until heated through (or toss them into the air fryer again to heat through).
You can also just eat them cold. I find they taste good that way, too.
Looking for other good side dishes to make. Here are two additional great recipes, one for potatoes and one for rice:
Lastly, if you make these air fryer sweet potato cubes, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating here! I’d love to hear back from you and will do my best to answer and respond to every comment. And of course, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe. I’d love to see the photos of the recipes you have made!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- 3lb 4oz (1.5kg) Sweet potatoes (About 3 medium-big potatoes)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 ½ tsp Sweet Paprika
Mayo Ketchup Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- Some garlic powder, to taste (Optional)
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. You can either leave the skins on or you can also peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes, whatever size you want and place them into a bowl. Note, the bigger the cubes, the longer they will need to fry. I like mine to be on the smaller side (about 1/4in by 1/4in).
- Drizzle the sweet potato cubes with olive oil and toss them until well covered.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and sweet paprika on the top of the cubed potatoes. Toss until all the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potato cubes into the air fryer for frying. Double check your machine manufacturer's instructions for detailed info on frying time as they usually have a booklet with frying times in there.
- I have the T-Fal Actifry Electric Fryer and for this amount of potatoes the frying time was 45 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, transfer them to a serving bowl for serving.
Mayo Ketchup Sauce
- Combine the mayo, ketchup and garlic powder (if using) and mix well together.