Need to use up some strawberries or bananas? This strawberry banana smoothie with cream comes together fast and has a great not too sour, not too sweet taste.
I do a variation of this recipe once in a while around here. It always depends on which fruits I have on hand. In the winter I usually use frozen fruits, though I let them thaw a bit before using.
The ingredients list is very simple. Just a ripe banana, strawberries and some heavy whipping cream.
Peel the banana and add to blender (break in half if needed). Wash the strawberries and remove the ends. Cut the strawberries into halves if they are big. Add to the blender as well. Blend everything together.
I have a small blender that is something like this Magic Bullet (just a German brand), so I added only half of the strawberries first and the rest after the first half was already blended and a bit reduced in size. Add the heavy whipping cream and blend everything for a few seconds. Pour into a glass.
Side note: Here is an interesting article on blenders if you are on the market for a new blender at the moment: 7 Different Types of Blenders and Their Uses.
Garnish with a strawberry and some mint (optional) and serve.
For more summer drink ideas, check out my Drinks category in the recipes.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Cream
- 12oz (345g) Strawberries
- 1 Ripe banana
- ⅛ cup Heavy whipping cream
- Peel banana and add to blender.
- Wash strawberries, remove the ends, and add to blender (halve the strawberries if they are especially big).
- Blend everything together until there are no lumps.
- Add the cream and blend everything for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a strawberry and mint (optional). Serve.